Beetroot peanut kebab recipe with step-wise pictures. Beetroot peanut kebab / beetroot cutlet is a very healthy, delicious pan fried patties. This tikki is prepared with unique combination of beetroot, peanuts and channa and without adding potatoes. This cutlets are low in calories and protein rich. This is best served as evening snack with ketchup or mayonnaise.
You may also like similar recipes here:
Total time required : 30 minutes
No. Of serving : 5
- Beetroots – 2
- Chana / chickpeas – 1 cup
- Peanuts – 1/4 cup
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Dry mango powder – 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida – pinch
- Gram flour – 3 tbsp
- Corn flour – 1 tbsp
- Rava – 4 tbsp
- Salt – as required
- Oil – as required
1. Wash the chickpeas and soak overnight. The next day, add it to blender and pressure cook for 2 whistles. Keep aside.
2. Wash the beetroots, peel the skin and Chop roughly into small pieces. Add beetroot water and boil it until cooked soft.
3. Once done, drain from water and allow it to cool. Add it to mixer along with cooked chickpeas, Coriander powder, Cumin powder, chilli powder, Garam masala powder, dry mango powder, Turmeric powder, asafoetida and required salt.
4. Grind everything into thick smooth paste without adding water. Sprinkle very little water if necessary. Transfer into mixing bowl and add gram flour to it.
5. Coarsely crush peanuts with mortar pestle or in mixer and add it to the grounded mixture.
6. Mix everything together and check for salt. Divide it into small balls and slightly flatten the balls in the shape of cutlets.
7. Mix corn flour into thin paste adding water. Dip the prepared cutlets into corn flour mixture and roll into rava. Dipping in corn flour is optional, you can also directly roll into rava or breadcrumbs.
8. Heat a griddle adding little oil. Place the cutlets and fry until it turns golden and crisp on both sides. Repeat for remaining cutlets. You can also deep fry.
9. Place it in serving plate and serve hot with ketchup.
The delicious and healthy beetroot peanuts Kebab ready.