Carrot methi sabzi recipe with step-wise pictures. Carrot methi sabzi / carrot fenugreek leaves stir fry is a simple North Indian side dish that goes well with chapathi, dosa or rice. This unique combination of carrot and Fenugreek leaves makes this dish completely healthy and tasty. It is easy to make within minutes and I love to eat it with rasam sadam.
You may also like similar recipes here:
- murungai keerai poriyal
- siru keerai poriyal
- vallarai keerai chutney
- murungai keerai thogayal
- carrot chutney
Total time required : 15 minutes
No. Of serving : 4
- Carrots – 2
- Fresh Fenugreek Leaves – 2 cups
- Onion – 1
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Red chilli – 3
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp
1. Wash the fenugreek leaves and chop roughly. Wash the carrots and grate it.
2. Heat a pan adding oil. Add Cumin seeds and once it splutters, add curry leaves and red chilli. Saute until it turns crispy.
3. Add chopped onion and saute until translucent. Now add fenugreek Leaves and saute until it shrinks.
4. Add grated carrots, turmeric powder, coriander powder and required salt. Saute for a minute.
5. Now add little water and cook covered for few minutes until it get cooked and water evaporates completely.
6. Garnish with Coriander leaves. The tasty methi carrot sabzi ready.