Sukku malli coffee recipe with step-wise pictures. Sukku malli coffee is a very good medicinal hot drink usually had in monsoon. It is a very good remedy for cold and cough, also soothes sour throat and aids in digestion. It is prepared with Coriander, pepper and dry ginger. If you like you can add Milk to it. Traditional recipe is prepared with palm candy but I have added jaggery. I use to have this hot drink in weekends when I was in school. The seller Anna brings this coffee in long container carrying in a bicycle and we along with the neighbors use to have it and enjoy. Sukku malli coffee powder can be prepared and stored in airtight container. Refer notes section for preparing that powder.
Total time required : 10 minutes
No. of serving : 1
- Water – 2 cups
- Coriander – 2 tbsp
- Dry ginger powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Jaggery – 2 tsp
1. Dry roast Coriander for a minute and grind it coarsely.
2. Boil water in a pan, add powdered jaggery and stir until it dissolves.
3. Add a tsp of Coriander powder, dry ginger powder and pepper powder to the boiling jaggery water.
4. Allow it to boil for 4-5 minutes in medium flame. Strain through metal strainer and serve hot.
5. It is always good to have the sukku coffee hot.
To prepare sukku coffee powder: Dry roast 1/4 cup of Coriander seeds, 1 tsp of pepper seeds and 2 tsp of cumin seeds for a minute. Transfer into mixer, add 1 inch of dry ginger and grind into powder. Sieve to remove rough particles and store in airtight container. This is sukku malli coffee powder.